13-15 November 2018
We are delighted to announce that the Rt. Hon Minister Caroline Nokes, United Kingdom Secretary of State for Immigration, will be providing the host nation keynote address and shedding light on Britain’s evolving relationship with the international community at Smarter Border Management 2018.
This is a must-attend for the border management and security community.
Confirmed speakers include:
- The Rt Hon Caroline Nokes MP, Minister of State for Immigration, United Kingdom
- Krum Garkov, Executive Director, eu-LISA
- Chief Police Commissioner Abdoulaye Amadou Oumbanga, Head of Border Police, Mali
- Shkelzen Sopjani, Inspector General, Intelligence Agency, Kosovo
- Major Wahidullah Naizai, Border Commander for Torkham Jalalbad Province, Afghanistan
- Don't miss your chance to learn about new developments in integrated information technology systems, database sharing and best practice for border forces.
The challenges facing today’s border agencies and international organisations are acute and becoming ever more demanding. Although the Smarter Borders conference was held in march, given evolving technologies and changeable market structure it has become apparent that there is a compelling requirement from policymakers, end users and industry to host the conference again this year. In part this has been facilitated in view of the increasing flow of extremists to-and-from the Middle East, and the dramatic immigration scenes on the Mediterranean and at the Channel Tunnel in Calais this summer.
Countries are facing new challenges posed by globalization, increased mobility and ever changing security threats. Innovative and effective border controls have to strike a difficult balance between ensuring the free movement of a growing number of people and goods across borders and guaranteeing greater security for people (visitors and citizens) and trade.